Campaign of the Month: March 2013
Forgotten Sagas of the 13th Age
Sometimes while recovering from your last adventure, doing mundane things, traveling, or even just sitting around in the tavern having ale and a meal, you’ll hear rumours of things that are going on around Osis and the surrounding areas. You can then investigate these rumours if you so choose and get involved in different things.
GM Note: After you all get the handle on the mechanics and the setting, you’ll also get a lot more freedom to chose what you want to do next and these rumours are just an easy way of giving you some ready made options. I’ll make a note when they might be (In my opinion) especially relevant to your character for some reason.
- A noble woman is looking to acquire a unique item to use a centerpiece for their Festival of Renewal ball, as well as special entertainment and foodstuffs (Anna Lynn, Nilkka)
- The Silver Strand Academy is hiring adventurers and guards for an academic expedition to a secret location to the northwest of Osis. (Bryn, Anna Lynn)
- The Orc Lord’s minions are raiding and attacking with greater frequency to the north of Osis and there people being hired to scout out locations for new or refurbished fortifications. (Bryn)
- Whitemane has been hiring more agents than usual for some unknown reason. (Anna Lynn, Tormach)
- Animals in the farms, ranches, and wildlands around Osis have increasingly gone insane, attacking people or killing themselves in bizarre ways (Belgae)
- For several months, minor merchants and other travelers have been found gutted and headless in the Sky Quarter and Twisted Halls in the days after a full moon. The City Guard and privately hired individuals have looked into the situation, but they either disappear or end up as the next victim.
- The Hall of the All Father has unexpectedly announced that they want volunteers for a ritual sacrifice to fortify those soldiers and individuals protecting the civilized world from the Orc Lord. (Bryn)
- A tower of ice has been discovered near the elven woods to the northeast of Osis which was not there the year before. Even during the warmer weather, the area nearby is sheeted in ice and snow and cold weather. During the winter, the tower area is almost unapproachable. (Belgae)
- A well known and popular group of adventurers calling themselves the Stormcrows set off two months ago from Osis to recover a mysterious divine artifact, but they have not returned. (Anna Lynn)
- A new group calling itself the Fellowship of the Second Breath has been making noise in some of the poorer parts of the city, promising a way to escape the deariness and poverty of life.
- Strange creatures have been sighted in the Dead District. Sometimes they slip back off into the night, but the increase in missing persons and unidentified bodies indicates that something more may be afoot.
- A well known group of Gnomish and Halfling brewers and entertainers is expected to be in Osis for the Festival of Renewal to offer their services. (Nilkka)
- An agent of the Office of the Inquisitorium is reportedly in town, though nobody knows why.
- The Lord Richardson has been asking around to find someone to help with a delicate family matter, involving a rumored curse that has gripped the family for generations.